Update on Ex Cathedra

Posted by Liam Andrew Wright on 10:04 in ,
Ok so it's been over a year since the blog on the Official Ex Cathedra website has been updated and lots of people have been wondering what on earth has been going on with the film. Well I am finally going to come out of my Hermit's cave and speak on behalf of the film... regularly!

I hope you all saw the link to the latest trailer we have online here over at Youtube, if not here it is again:



The delay in you all seeing the film is due to the fact that we're an independent film company funding all of this on our own backs. Filmmaking is a very expensive industry and without sounding like the same broken record the whole world is listening to right now, the credit crunch is hitting us too.

GOOD NEWS!!
The film is days away from being finished now. We are just touching up a few bits of the sound design, colour grading and re-recording Rich having a fit (video available soon: watch this space) much to our amusement. Once those things have be galvanised with the glorious HD video we will be ready to screen this damn thing! I'm going slightly crazier every day I think. I've now reached the point where I thought it best I start a blog about the whole thing as opposed to talking to myself in the studio day in day out. I'm talking to the computer monitor asking Paul if he wants to come 'walk the dog' but he keeps turning me down.

Anyway... yes there will be a screening this decade and thank you to everyone who has shown interest in attending. If anyone missed the Facebook invite email me at here to apply for tickets for the screening. There will also be a WORLD PREMIERE TRADE SCREENING in London next month where we get all the bigwigs together and flatter them, tell them how good their toupes look and pray they want to hand over some cash for the film.

I may upload a few screen grabs of the film showing the grading process if Vicky allows me and once Senor Team Mike has come by to give his approval on the sexy new colour scheme I have devised. You're good with a fuscia tint on the whole movie right TM?

Anyway, YES there will be a screening soon. And YES, we will make sure everyone who has shown an interest in the film is aware of the time and date.

ALSO! If anyone has any big-shot-industry-family-friends they'd like to invite to either a Manchester or London screening please get in touch. The more publicity we can get for this film the better.


Liam

p.s. Check out some awesome acoustic indie here: John Ainsworth

p.p.s. When you're bored of reading my crap here why not read some real journalism here: 4Q Magazine


|

Copyright © 2009 News All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.